Sunday, July 09, 2006


PRAISING GOD THAT I AM WOMAN

Loving you
kind King,
for the joy you take in loving me

What creature am I to you?

that you'd create this life
for me
that you'd create second chances
and love I've yet to see

asking only that I believe

What love you have for me
unfounded, I'd suggest

try as I might
I try my best
lover of mine
in you I rest

Loving you
of Light
What creature is woman to you?

that you'd create these hands
that write
that you'd create this voice
that speaks of perils deep

What love have you for me
in my desires weak?

all my life,
longing for thee
for whom I cannot see
my Lord, my Lord, my Lord come to me

all my life,
this deep longing
for whom I cannot see
my Lord, my Lord, my Savior, I come to thee


~lyrics by Danielle, July 2006

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! This is so awesome Danielle! It's so great to read this, especially after our talk lastnight... I love your poem so so much. For years I fought God on my gender and sexuality. For years I hated being a girl.. a woman. I thought it was a punishment. But you know, the Lord has been so amazing to show me the blessing of my gender after all! He has blessed me in ways I cannot describe in words for turning from my sexual sin and following after Him! He has set me free from bondage and turmoil. I join you in praising God for making me a woman. I am a beautiful woman, fearlessly and perfectly made by a God GREATER than I can fathom! His plan for us as women are perfect plans. Thankyou Father!

9:09 PM  
Blogger Diane Viere said...

What love...exactly!

What a beautiful poem. You are a gifted writer....keep sharing God's unique talent.....He has placed in you.

Diane

6:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gina, yes, you are a beautiful woman and I am so proud of you and your testimony. God has blessed you with your sexuality and I know it can be used to glorify him. You are on the right track girl, and I am just happy to be along for the journey. Love ya

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home