Thursday, July 06, 2006


PRAISING GOD FOR HIS STRENGTH, NOT MINE

Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always. 1 Chronicles 16:11

Friends, I did not post this morning because I had to be at work early. This new contract is requiring a lot of my time. Today was a good day but a day in which I had to have immense patience and strength.

Hmmm. Tough day at work. Feeling very burnt out and tired. Feeling exhausted. Cried on my drive home out of sheer frustration. Sounds like a good time to praise my Sweet Lord!!! So here goes...(this is better than Advil, trust me!)

Father, I praise you tonight for your strength
Lord, you are my ROCK
You are my STRONGHOLD
You are the foundation upon which I lay my life
You are awesome
And in that word: A-W-E-S-O-M-E,
You are so-much-more
To me it means, Mighty
To me It means King
It means Savior

Lord, you are Good.

6 Comments:

Blogger bigshoulders said...

you are an inspiration, an example to me of great strength, Danielle. thank you for your candidness-- i can certainly identify with your frustrations. i don't always give them over to God, but tend to mull and brood over them.

have a wonderful friday and weekend, too!

kevin

5:41 AM  
Blogger Candy said...

I admire this in you, this ability to know that NOW is the time to praise Him and then to actually do it. This was a great post.

7:03 AM  
Blogger Gigi said...

Yeah....Like Candy said!!!

8:26 AM  
Blogger Gardenia said...

Your pictures always go so grandly with your blog. Your spirituality amazes me - you are walking into things that took me years, years to come to. Well, may you find refreshment tonight in your lovely home.

5:14 PM  
Blogger TiNA said...

As I reflect on God's strength... I don't picture Him as our body guard or bully. He isn't our "muscle". I think more of a silent strength that radiates out of everything God is. Just to be in His presence is humbling. When I feel like God should be standing up for me more, it is really I should be standing up in Him. He is my Strong Tower, but I have to do the running.

The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe. Proverbs 18:10

7:35 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Kevin - you are kind to thank me for my candidness..I feel at times I'm merely a complainer. ; ) Thank you, friend, for continuing to read.

Candy - it's all God. it's all God.

Becky - wassup!? Hello friend.

Diana - your comments lift me. your tenderness inspiring.

Tina - you just make me CRY! I love you, my soul sister!

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home