Saturday, July 08, 2006


PRAISING GOD, THE FATHER WHO LEAVES NO DETAIL UNDONE

Friends, it is beyond comforting to know that I blog within a community of such kind believers. Your comments on my blog are generous, so generous.

I am simply praising God today. God, you are great. God you are here now.

I would like to share the lyrics from a song I love. I praise the God who created birds to sing in the dead of night. He longed to hear their songs. He is waiting to hear ours.

BLACKBIRD
Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to arive
Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these sunken eyes and learn to see
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to be free.

Blackbird fly, Blackbird fly
Into the light of a dark black night.

Blackbird fly, Blackbird fly
Into the light of a dark black night.

Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to arise
You were only waiting for this moment to arise
You were only waiting for this moment to arise

3 Comments:

Blogger Gardenia said...

I love that song!

I painted blackbirds for a while - ravens - though some think that they are harbingers of bad news, in the Bible they fed Elijah when he fled Jezebel and hid.....God sent them with food.

Now, God sings this song to all the blackbirds out there....

10:19 PM  
Blogger Charlyn said...

Do blackbirds sing in the dead of night? (I could hear this song in my head as I read the words).

All I know is every morning at 5 a.m. if I leave my bedroom window open, the noisy birds wake me up. I'm not so thankful for them at that moment, but when it's a beautiful day, the sky is clear, the birds are singing - then I'm praisin'!!

2:40 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Diana - I forgot about Elijah. Hmmmm. This is comforting.

Shenna - Yes, they sing...or at least I know some birds sing in the dead of night. They are here in California as well. Sorry they trouble you...guess that's when it's time to just get up and BLOG! Thanks, sister! : )

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home