Friday, June 30, 2006


PRAISING GOD FOR THE WORD

I loved this photo of this child reading to an elephant. This is me reading God's Word.

The elephant is what I face within. Sometimes I chose to see my elephant. Sometimes I don't.

I am praising God this morning for His Word, for the love letter He left me. Within His Word He leaves guidances and promises. Within His Word the story of His Great Love for Me is shared.

Historically, individuals did not read and study God's word. The first printed Bible was around 1454. Tradition shows us that typically a rabbi or head of a family or community of people's would have a Bible (or Torah) and read it to others. The Bible was read and interpreted in community. So I take this praise a step further and thank YOU as my community of interpreters. I also thank my pastors and my small group.

Father, I thank you for inspiring scripture
Lord, I praise you for the stories held within
I praise you for inspiring men to leave in the confusing parts
I praise you for being a God who allows me and others to wrestle
I praise you for being a God who provides instruction to teach us,
not punishment


With Love,
Danielle

4 Comments:

Blogger TiNA said...

What a beautiful entry. Amen!

10:28 AM  
Blogger TiNA said...

You know what I love about scripture? Those days when you go to it hungry... needing to meet God. Finding when I read it hungry I am filled. When I just read it, b/c I am suppose to... I get very little.

10:40 PM  
Blogger raema said...

That's exactly the way I have been feeling lately. When I pray to God and ask him what he wants to show me and just open up my bible and start reading I am able to soak it in. Yet I feel like I know so little about the bible, especially the old testament, and I want to read the whole thing, but I am getting nowhere with it because I just don't seem to be able to take it in.

11:58 AM  
Blogger Gardenia said...

I find an entire website with these photos on it - they are so awe inspiring and deep. I love them so because I think they are a fore runner of the harmony and peace with all of God's creation that is waiting for us in the future.

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home