Tuesday, July 04, 2006


PRAISING GOD FOR AMERICA

I gotta say that the Fourth of July probably isn't my favorite holiday. I'm thinking this is because it involves BBQs and because I don't eat meat. There's always that awkward moment when I slap my veggie dogs onto the grill. I'm also not a big fan of picnics. I love all the food at picnics but that's really where it ends.

My sister lives in England now and when I spoke with her this weekend, she shared with me that her daughters wanted to have watermelon and hotdogs for dinner in honor of America's Independence Day. But getting watermelon in a tiny English town like my sister's would be a feat. And she tells me that hotdogs are typically sold in cans or jars.

Eish.

And this is what got me thinking. I really am blessed to have been born in America and I'm blessed to be living here now instead of in a place that sells hotdogs in cans (I mean, even though I don't eat hot dogs, this is still, plainly WRONG). God, I love America and I thank you for,

Apple Pie
Jimi Hendrix
Diet Coke
Martin Luther King
Duke Ellington
Frank Lloyd Wright
John Steinbeck
Denny's
International House of Pancakes
San Francisco
The Colorado Rockies
The Redwood Forests
Biscuits
My freedom
My rights as a woman

Amen!

7 Comments:

Blogger raema said...

Happy 4th of July, hope you get to enjoy it.

1:50 PM  
Blogger TiNA said...

Freedom of Religion
Driving on the Right side of the street
InterCoastal Waterway
Washington DC
Disney World
Hollywood
The Super Bowl
George Gershwin
John Williams
My family and friends
and much much more

10:19 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I hope that you had a great and relaxing 4th. Raise my hands to God in Praise for all that you listed and praising for family. Praise God for your sister who inspired you to praise in this post.

4:30 AM  
Blogger bigshoulders said...

shame on the English, suffocatin' dogs in a can like that! :)

a few more to add to the pile:

Bob Dylan
William Faulkner
Fun Cereal(s)
Apple Computers
the Bill of Rights

2:43 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

All - America da beautiful! Thanks for the comments.

10:25 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Tina - Gershwin makes me smile!
Kevin - How did I KNOW you'd say Dylan?

Golden Grahams and Life Cereal make America what it is today quite frankly. ; )

10:26 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Anyone notice we had more comments for Canada than the US?

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home