Thursday, July 27, 2006


PRAISING GOD FOR TRIALS
(Guest Praise by Janine)

I know this is bold, but something today inspired me to write this praise. Instead of throwing a pity party, I rather praise the God almighty who has every detail of my life in his hands. Trials in our lives are underestimated. We complain and ask God why? Why do I have to go through this? But in reality we should be thankful for them for several reasons.

They bring us closer to God. My intercessor is my friend, as my eyes pour out tears to God; on behalf of a man he pleads with God as a man pleads for his friend.  --Job 16:20-21

They prepare us for what God wants to do in our lives. We also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. --Rom 5:3-4

They help us appreciate the good times and the blessings we have. Your father's blessings are greater than the blessings of the ancient mountains, than the bounty of the age-old hills.--Gen. 49:26

When I decided to go to Rwanda I had no idea that so soon before the trip I would lose my job, and that my little cousin Thassiana would pass away. I know that God's timing is perfect, I know he allowed these things to happen and that He will use them for his Glory. As much as these things seem to be distraction from what He wants me doing, I have to also believe that He was actually freeing me up, away from the stresses of my job and concerns about my cousin. He wanted me free to serve him in mighty ways. So as we prepare our hearts for Rwanda, I can thankfully say: Lord I am ready, use me, and thank you for the trials you have put me through, they have made me stronger and even more ready to serve you!

6 Comments:

Blogger Danielle said...

I love you my friend and your strength inspires me. To see you smile as you walk through these trials...I hardly have words. I see Jesus Christ in you, lovely sister of mine and I am so blessed to serve alongside you.

11:51 PM  
Blogger BNTonnu said...

Holy, Holy, Holy,
Is the Lord God Almighty
who was, and is and is to come.

(Revelation 4:8)

Thank you for daring to love, as He does, my dear ladies. Your stories have touched and lead me into a deeper place of my soul.
Thank you! thank you!

I am speechless and yet singing Holy! Holy! Holy..

8:53 AM  
Blogger Photolover said...

Thank you for your sharing.
It is said in the scripture, to give thanks in everything and pray in all occassions to God. I know I should do this but still trying to do it. And pray that God would give me the grace in doing that. amen.

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you all for your kind words, for your strength and support at this difficult time. I spoke to Thassi's mom today and she seems to be at Peace. She thinks Thassiana could have been kept alive longer, but I reminded her of God's perfect timing, even if the doctors have made a mistake. Please continue to pray for this family as they face such a huge loss. Love you guys.

12:19 PM  
Blogger Gardenia said...

I'm so sorry. Dear Lord bless this family, draw close to them and put your arms around them. Lord Jesus thank you for welcoming this precious one to your side and for giving her indescribable joy as she basks in your nearness and the indescribable joy of heaven. Help family heal from the tears in the heart of loss.

7:07 AM  
Blogger janiners said...

from one janine to another - thank you for this post today. I am gently reminded to praise God in the midst of my trials, which seem to have been many so far in this first pregnancy of mine. He truly does have a purpose for it all, doesn't He?

thank you again for this reminder. I am very humbled.

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home