Monday, July 24, 2006


PRAISING GOD FOR GRILLED CHEESE AND OTHER RANDOM THOUGHTS

I am so tired! I said...I am so TIRED! I worked a very long day at the office and got home around 8:30pm. All I can think about at this moment is cheese. I'd love a grilled cheese sandwich right about now but I don't have any bread. So I am eating a piece of cheese while I post tonight. But you know what? In my heart, I'm still praising! This cheese tastes good.

I praise God that I can open my fridge and there is food inside. I was so broke years ago. I really had to watch my food budget. I uploaded this silly picture of a grilled cheese sandwich for fun and I see there are some potato chips on the plate. Mmmmm. Ones with ridges no less. In my poorest of poor days, it would have been unthinkable for me to purchase potato chips. They were such a luxury. Now, I could certainly throw a bag into my shopping cart and pay for it with no worries.

Tonight, I am so grateful to God for all that I have. He has kept me fed, my son fed and given me so much more than I ever imagined. God, you are good. Lord, I thank you for your generous provisions.

Other random thoughts this evening include a praise to God for the beautiful sky I witnessed tonight as I left my office building. I don't believe my eyes would have captured that moment had I left any sooner. Not a bad surprise for working late!

Lord, your beauty, your imagination is amazing.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nellie Bellie said...

Thank you for this...Sometimes we are so caught up in what is not happening for us we forget to appreciate what is happening.

9:49 AM  
Blogger Gigi said...

This has been an incredible experience....I wanted 2006 to be about WORSHIP and you have taught me much in that regard!!!!

2:57 PM  
Blogger Tina said...

thanks for visiting my blog! I'm glad I came to yours... I'll be back. Great idea for 40 days of praise. I'm praising God for coffee today! :) Blessings...

5:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home