Sunday, July 23, 2006

PRAISING GOD FOR SABBATH

God knows that we can only do so much. Then why do we try to outdo God and run around like crazy people seven days a week? Today is Sunday and I'm praising God for my Sabbath today. My son is home and we're going to church together and then we'll probably hit the county Fair later on this evening. But the majority of the day is going to be spent at home doing nothing but connecting with one another and God.

Exodus 20:8
Observe the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Work six days and do everything you need to do. But the seventh day is a Sabbath to God, your God. Don't do any work—not you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your servant, nor your maid, nor your animals, not even the foreign guest visiting in your town. For in six days God made Heaven, Earth, and sea, and everything in them; he rested on the seventh day. Therefore God blessed the Sabbath day; he set it apart as a holy day.

Does this mean I can't ask my son to clean his room?

7 Comments:

Blogger TiNA said...

Don't worry... you can ask. He won't do it anyway :)

11:08 AM  
Blogger Gardenia said...

Ah, God's wisdom. I hope you have a wonderful time today and your "connections" are uplifting and a blessing!

5:26 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Tina - you do know that kid. He didn't do it. hee hee

Diana - I hope your day is equally blessed!

7:03 PM  
Blogger Charlyn said...

I need a day spent doing nothing! And fast!

10:25 PM  
Blogger BNTonnu said...

My dear lady,
I think I can ask my son to clean in my sabbath day - because I make sure that my sabbath is a different day than his (*_*).

I love you.
Sing praise for rest - especially rest in Him.

10:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Easy said, but for doers like me it is so difficult to accomplish. I feel that if I am resting I am wasting time. A whole day? Sounds impossible to me, but I feel very convicted that if I don't do it I am being disobedient. Ok God, I'll give it a shot.

10:47 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

I love Sunday because you DON'T have to feel guilty for not working - it's what God wants!

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home