Wednesday, July 26, 2006


PRAISING GOD FOR SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA

California has been my home for most of my life. If you were to ask me, I'd say I'm a California girl. And today I am praising God for allowing me to live in such a cool place. I love it here.
I have all sorts of fond memories of going to the beach as a kid. Of body surfing in the waves and flopping around in the ocean. I have wonderful memories of going for clam chowder down at the pier with my grandpa or having coffee down on Lido island with my girlfriends. I truly love this place and I will certainly miss it while I am away on my missions trip.


Another thing I love about this place is its diversity. It doesn't matter where you are from or what you're into, there is a place for you in California. I love the openess and the spirit of the people here.

Lord, thank you for my home here in California
I praise you for all these good years in this good place
Some say we're gonna fall into the ocean
But that's okay
I can swim all right
and I've got You

Father, you have gifted me with a home of sunshine
and diversity
You have brought me here now to do your will
and the people here have touched my heart
I remain a willing servant to them for your glory
God, you are good.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, Southern California rocks! I am so blessed to live here, where the weather is always nice, the scenery is perfect and the people are amazing. of course we pay triple for all of that, but it is well worth it!

10:58 AM  
Blogger TiNA said...

I could have never imagined growing up that I would be a California Girl. I was so a Southerner. But I love how SoCal accepts us all. I love fish tacos and cheese grits, just not together.

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home