Wednesday, July 19, 2006


PRAISING GOD FOR MY SOUL

I'll refresh tired bodies; I'll restore tired souls. Jeremiah 31:25

I spoke with someone recently who was feeling a lot of inner conflict. I think this person may have wanted some advice. The only thing I could think to say was praise God for the conflict you are currently feeling. It means you have a soul. It means you are alive.

Feeling SOMETHING, ANYTHING...even if it's conflict...well, it's a great place to be.

For a long time I felt nothing. No conflict. No peaks. No valleys. It was during the 3 years I was on medication for anxiety and depression. I couldn't write. I never really felt a laugh deep. I never had a deep soulful cry.

I guess I felt a little bit of conflict. The type of conflict that sits in your head, not your soul. I mean, I felt okay, I felt functional because I wasn't crying all the time but I felt foolish for masking my emotions with a pill if that makes any sense.

I understand sometimes people need medication to bring them to a certain level of stability. You stablize and then perhaps you can move forward. I mean, I get it. I am not against such medications. But medications often only treat symptoms.

God's medicine treats the soul. His word and His love provide for REAL healing. For REAL life.

Lord, tonight I praise you for gifting me with a soul
Lord, I praise you for tending to my soul so considerately
You are my sweet sweet Lord indeed

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Praising Him indeed, how blessed are we that He cares about us. Thank you for your caring, kind, warm heart.

4:05 AM  
Blogger TiNA said...

I totally feel you on this. There are two times I really feel to the soul. That is when I am actively engaging in worship, or actively engaging in conflict. Both times, it seems like the very depth of everything I am is exposed. That would be my soul. I am so grateful that I am not just my "body". I am so grateful that it is just a temple for God to dwell within me. :) Here's to Loving Him (and you my sweet Danielle!). Cheers!

8:03 AM  
Blogger Gigi said...

Praising Him right along with you....and thanking you for starting us on this journey of PRAISE...

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home