Friday, June 30, 2006


PRAISING GOD FOR PURITY*

Today I want to thank God, to praise God for calling my heart, mind and body to a life of purity.

What is purity? Well, it is my commitment to actively discern what situations, behaviors or thoughts might be damaging to my sexuality. Purity is living in the knowledge that my sexuality is gift from God, designed by Him expressly for Him.

Purity didn't happen overnight for me. And it isn't as though I don't ever struggle. I have to PRACTICE purity and really pay attention to situations that might be damaging to me (like not allowing my mind to chase down some fantasy over a guy). Eish...there is a lot of honesty going into this post. But my motivations are to very honestly PRAISE Jesus Christ for showing me my WORTH is in him. I'd like to post more on the subject of purity and singleness but maybe after 40 Days of Praise.

Lord, today I praise you for loving me
Father thank you thank you for calling after my heart
Thank you for showing me my worth is IN YOU
Not some go-no-where relationship
Not in a make out session
Not in another bad Hugh Grant movie
But in YOU! In my RISEN SAVIOR!
Lord, thank you for not condemning the adulteress
I praise you for loving her
And for forgiving her and me who once was on a painful path

God wants (me) to live a pure life.
Keep (myself) from sexual promiscuity.
Learn to appreciate and give dignity to (my) body, not abusing it
as is so common among those who know nothing of God.
1 Thessalonians 4:3-5

Friends, I once knew nothing of God. Now, I can't get enough of him. Blessings and Happy Friday. I know it's a 4 day weekend for many! Let's enjoy our holiday!

*It's been 2 years this month...and, friends, it wasn't always easy, but if you have a desire to achieve a closer relationship with God, begin to pray about this and put your sexuality into the hands of the One who loves you most.

9 Comments:

Blogger BNTonnu said...

Amen.
Happy Friday Danielle.

7:31 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

okay, Tina...I see in your profile you have a Hugh Grant movie but that was one of his good ones...so you're okay...hee hee

7:33 AM  
Blogger TiNA said...

About a Boy is a wonderful story because it is all about relationships, not sex. It is about letting someone into your life so that your life is more fulfilled. Yes... it is just a movie... but that is what Christ is on so much deeper level in our lives. We meet Him, then slowly let Him into our lives and see the relationship grow. It is so tempting to see our sexuality as a personal thing... but you are so right. It is a God thing. God made us for pleasure, but also made a perfect time and place for that pleasure to be used. Thank you Danielle for being you! You are real... and I love you so much for it!!

Side Note: Hugh Grant has a bad movie?? News to me! Check my profile now ;)

7:49 AM  
Blogger Gardenia said...

What wisdom. I just LOVE your posts! God keeps those He loves so much.....those whose mind is stayed on Him, and sometimes even when we get "foolish." He guards our footsteps...Will look forward to reading any future posts you do on ANY subject....you're a born preacher/teacher woman! Your blog in itself, the art work, the words speak of purity anyway.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Just a girl.... said...

I admire you for your choice of purity. It is not an easy path to follow.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Papa Louie said...

Hello Danielle, Thanks for visiting my post. My wife and I were in Alaska for the past 2 weeks enjoying a beautiful vacation.
Titus 1:15 All things are pure to the pure.
Our purity is in Christ, of Christ, and is Christ.
Within me there is no purity. I am defiled in mind and heart thus I thank and praise the Lord that He is pure and by me contacting and taking Him as the pure one He becomes my purity.

10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey girl, thank you so much for being honest and not afraid of putting yourself out there. I love you for the example your are setting for other singles. No, it isn't an easy path to follow, but it is well worth it!

3:40 PM  
Blogger gracie said...

courageous testimony - wish more could read this... So many believe its just not possible. God does honour our choices and grace does enable.

3:43 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

BN - Amen right back sister!

Tina - thank you for expanding on this topic...it is tempting to see ourselves as sexual, especially when we are women who are thought of as sexual objects. Why oh why did we ever buy into this?

I give a "thumbs up" to About a Boy BUT ONLY BECAUSE THE BOOK WAS WRITTEN BY NICK HORNBY...Hugh is goofy tunes. ; )

Diana - thank you for your encouraging words.

Crissi - I emailed you under separate cover...but I don't mind sharing that this path isn't always easy...it takes God's strength. On my own strength...I'm doomed!

Papa Louie - Friend, you are so in the Word that your comments to my posts are very striking to me. I much appreciate this scripture. Yes...Yes...God is pure...I am not. Thank you for showing me this. I hope Alaska was beautiful for you and your wife.

Janine - I praise God for you!

Gracie - I have ONLY God's grace.

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home