Thursday, June 29, 2006




PRAISING GOD FOR RAINBOWS
(Thank you, Georgia)

My friend Georgia called me this morning to share with me she'd been praising rainbows. So this post is dedicated to her.

I meditate on this verse:

"We humans keep brainstorming options and plans,
but God's purpose prevails."--Proverbs 19:21

When you are seeking wisdom, go to Proverbs. Why do I chase my own plans? How silly of me not to humble myself to God's purpose. Afterall, He created the rainbows. Rainbows are surprises. They just appear. And I've never met a human being who didn't enjoy them. How wonderful our God is who created all this for us. This is the same God who has plans for me. Plans to prosper not harm me.

"Every part of Scripture is God-breathed and useful one way or another--showing us truth, exposing our rebellion, correcting our mistakes, training us to live God's way." --2 Timothy 3:16


Kermit the Frog sang:

Why are there so many
Songs about rainbows
And what's on the other side?


I'd like to think it's God waiting for us.

What does a rainbow mean to you? Are you chasing rainbows today or are you brainstorming your OWN options?

Blessings friends. Happy Thursday.

7 Comments:

Blogger Gardenia said...

Was driving down the highway here in Wyoming once, and it was trying to rain. The skys were pink and the horizons blue. A rainbow appeared and I smiled, thinking, I will follow this rainbow. As I drove, another rainbow appeared, and then another. All the colors, the smell of light rain on sagebrush, the blue ribbon of highway, gosh, if I had been standing, I would have bowed to God in thanks for the stunning beauty of this gift...the rainbows. Yeh, I think He appears in those rainbows!

8:39 AM  
Blogger Gigi said...

To me they signify PROMISE

I am always chasing rainbows....always looking for the silver lining and that's usually where or what the rainbow is.

9:23 AM  
Blogger steve said...

praise God for Kermit!!!

9:26 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

My boys always say the a rainbow serves as a reminder that God will never flood the Earth again. Praise the Lord for those boys.

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm trying to learn how to stop chasing my own ideas and start chasing the rainbows. The mysterious plans God has for me a far more beautiful than anything I could come up with on my own. I need to get my head out of the sand and start running towards the promises He has for me.

11:08 AM  
Blogger TiNA said...

K the F... one of my favorite theologians.. right up there with Yoda.

Not sure where to take the whole rainbow thing... so let's see where this goes. I know my moving to LA was chasing the prize at the end of the rainbow. As naive as it is, I thought I would make the journey accross the US and BAM... riches, fame, a wonderful carreer touching the lives of those in Hollywood! I am still looking for that pot of gold, and may never find it.

Here is the problem... and correct me if I am wrong... I can chase to find the end of rinbow for that pot of gold as much as I want. If I am only thinking about the prize being of this world, that is the only prize I might find. My prayer is to stop chasing for that pot in this world and focus instead on The One that created the rainbow. The pot of gold that I build up in heaven by serving and turning others towards God will be much sweeter than anything I find down here. Plus, I will live with that pot of gold for eternity.

We will find others travelling down that "end of the rainbow path", but we need to keep in mind what the true prize is we are looking for and point them and ourselves to Him.

"I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:14

3:56 PM  
Blogger Candy said...

I seem to be a day behind here. Rainbows are really special to me. They remind me of God's promise to never leave me or forsake me, that He is here now and is already in tomorrow. Whatever comes my way, He is already there. It seems that everytime I need Him most in a situation He has called me to that seems so much beyond my capability, when I'm operating in His strength and my weakness, He has sent me a rainbow. I praise and thank HIM for rainbows!!

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home