Tuesday, June 27, 2006


PRAISING GOD FOR WORSHIP LEADERS

Friends, sorry this post was delayed. Like you, I am praising God each morning during this 40 Days of Praise and this post was on my heart this morning and throughout the day. I just didn't get to my computer before leaving for work.*

I praise God for talented worship leaders. This is a photo of Jeremy Camp and Adam Watts. Their worship music astounds me and helped draw me closer to God. I have been a longtime music ethusiast (especially live music) and these guys ROCK!

This might sound stupid but during the time when I was renewing my faith and going back to church, I was worried that I'd have to embrace organ music and corny Christian songs that do silly things like Jesus-fy the lyrics to top 40 tunes. This was agonizing to me.

But I was blessed to have been lead to a church with an AMAZING worship team! Now, worship music is my favorite. I love it played LOUD. (that's probably because it drowns out my own singing!)

So, today I'm praising God for Worship Leaders, especially for those who write and perform their own original music! ***There is a worship leader from Portland who comments on my blog from time to time, check out his blog this week and listen to some of his music that he posts...Steve Sporre And Robin White also has a few tunes of his own...cool stuff! Robin's Tunes

So, Lord, I praise you for touching the hearts of talented men and women who lead us in worship
Father, thank you for inspiring their works
I praise you for creating their gifts so that we may further enjoy Your great company

Humbly,
~Danielle

*yes...I got a new contract and began a new job last week...PRAISE!!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We just got back from watching Adam Watts playing, now I get it! It was so refreshing and inspiring to see him play. I am with you friend, worship leaders rock!

11:11 PM  
Blogger TiNA said...

Adam Watts? Who's that? Is he any good?? Totally joking!! He just played a love song and said... "This is for Danielle... I was hoping she would make it tonight." Alas... he had to change the dedication to me. Maybe next time friend! ;)

All joking aside (don't worry... only for a moment) Worship leaders have shaped and enriched my spiritual life in so many ways. I have been so blessed to have worked, performed, cried, and served along side of so many great worship leaders... thank you David Penninger for finding that little girl in the crowd that couldn't stop singing... and turning that musical heart towards God. I know you are in the heavenly choir now praising God in person (so to speak). Thank you Jackie Burgess, Dave Dupree, and Rick Munchow for letting me play cello on your teams. You gave my talent a place to sound (quite literally). I could go on forever about worship leaders, but I won't. Great pick Danielle... THANK YOU GOD FOR WORSHIP LEADERS!!

11:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN!! Worship leaders DO rock. And that includes mine as well. Check out his blog at http://culturedrivenlife.blogspot.com
Jimmy is an inspiration in my life and I like to call him my personal pastor. He's my go-to man when I have any spiritual questions or frustrations. I find myself praising God for him a lot.

1:23 AM  
Blogger Charlyn said...

Amen to this one! I love worship music, and a good worship leader takes the cake!

Going to a christian fest in 2 weeks with lots of good bands. Can't wait!

5:27 AM  
Blogger New Life said...

I love your idea of praise. To stop each day and give God thanks and praise for what we have in our lives.

For about six months or so I would write 10 things on a gratitude lsit every night before I went to bed. I did not allow myself to repeat any item. I had to think about 10 different people, places, and things each day.

I slept better.

I praise God for inspiring you to write in a sipirt of praise.

All my best,

Rick

6:33 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Hey Danielle, thanks for the link!

6:58 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Janine - nice to hear you are crossing over!

Tina - yes yes...well, I have to keep that I'm an Adam Watts groupie on the down lo...Hey, I'm into his TECHNICAL and SONGWRITING abilities... ; )

GREAT PRAISES for these other worship leaders too. I am a bit partial to Rick Munchow m'self. He is Mr.Talent with a heart for God. "Trust God...from the bottom of your heart.." Sing with me, Tina! Rich Munchow wrote my life-anthem!

Gina - NO WAY. I used to read Jimmy's blog quite a bit. Great blog. I will go back and check him out some more! Your church seems pretty cool.

Shenna - Aaaaah...summertime concerts...with great Christian artists at that. VERY PRAISEWORTHY!!

Rick - Thank you for posting and keep writing!!!!! God is so inspiring!

Robin - your tunes are great. I enjoy them and I hope others will as well. You can hear when someone's heart it is in!!

7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bridges..............
Christ bridged the gap for us with
2 boards and 3 nails!

The way of the Cross Leads Home!
Enjoying your 40 days of praise from Central North Carolina
wp

8:27 AM  
Blogger jimmy said...

Thanks guys, you're far too kind.

grace and peace, jimmy

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home