Monday, June 26, 2006


PRAISING GOD FOR COFFEE

I know...this isn't a very "weighty" post but I had to do it, so go easy on me. Hey, you know what coffee really means to me? Coffee, I believe, is God's reminder in my life to s..l..o..w..d..o..w..n.. Coffee means: chill and enjoy. (and for an intense personality like mine, this is a welcomed reminder!)

I like to hit the same coffee joints again and again...I always take mine the same way...half n' half, sugar and some cinnamon sprinkled on top (unless I'm at a Denny's or something...and then I just get a kick out of opening those mini creamers...yes, I should add that mini creamers are certainly praiseworthy...it boggles my mind they don't require refrigeration...)

You know, God is in the details. And I don't drink alcohol. So java is really my beat.

So thank you, God for all the cool, crazy things of this world. Lord, I could praise you for the big things, but today I want to find you in something kinda simple, like in my morning cup of Joe. Because you're in the simple stuff too.

Father, I choose to see you in every detail of my life. Lord, you are everywhere and I love you for this!

Lord, I'm amazed by you!
Lord, I'm amazed by you!
Lord, I'm amazed by you...because you love me!

(I dunno...did I get these song lyrics, right? Tina, help me out...and gimme a break, friends...I haven't had my coffee this morning yet...)

Happy Monday, Praisers! God Bless your week!

9 Comments:

Blogger bigshoulders said...

i echo your praise of coffee.
God is in the details.
have a blessed week, Danielle!

kevin

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

at first I was going to scoff the coffee thing, because I don't drink it myself and have been anti-coffee for a long while; however, the fact that you find the ability to praise God out of that kind of astounds me and now I choose not to scoff. :)

11:26 AM  
Blogger Just a girl.... said...

I love that song! BTW, I praise God for coffee too! What a wonderful creation! And your reason for praising coffee goes way beyond coffee. Love it!

11:56 AM  
Blogger steve said...

coffee good

1:31 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Amen to coffee!

7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HALLELUJAH!

8:15 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Kevin - I'm diggin your praise today as well!

The Jew - thank you for not scoffing!

Crissi - yes, you "get it"...thank you, sister!

Steve - I am in agreement!

Deb - yes yes!

Gina D - My GIRL! You know it!

10:08 PM  
Blogger Gardenia said...

mmmm coffee. Not "just" a cup of coffee - but those creamy cups - those leisurely cups - those cups that make you think about them while you brew them. The Starbucks cup that is a special treat. Thick, steamy southern type coffee. Thick incredible little tiny cups of Albanian coffee. I just splurged and shouldn't have - on a Tassimo, creamy fast Tassimo brew. God made coffee plants and beans just for us, yes He did.

10:49 PM  
Blogger neen said...

Coffee is more than a drink ... it is an experience! Praising God for the excuse of "coffee" that permits me to take some time out of my busy life to sit with a special friend. It warms my heart and soul in more ways than one.

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home