Friday, February 23, 2007


GOODBYE, MY FRIEND

My friend, Carl, passed away last week. I understand that no one had seen him around for a few days and that his truck outside his home had sat for too long and caused some for worry. When they entered his home, they found he'd died.

Carl was the plant-man at one of the contract jobs I had long before I'd started this blog. He'd come to water the plant beside my cubicle and we'd always chat. He was an old surfer dude. Crew cut hair and tanned, leathery skin. He had such a twinkle in his eye and such a sweet smile. He always greeted me with "hello, my friend."

He had worked at a strip club as a bouncer many years ago. He said one of the gals had decided to quit dancing and wanted to go to church to find Jesus. She asked him to come with her. He found Jesus too. : )

I cried for Carl tonight. I cried out to God and thanked Him for calling after my friend's heart. I know Carl is in heaven with the Father who loves him.

Lord, thank you for loving Carl. Thank you for taking him home to be with you. Thank you for giving us a place beyond this life...God, you are loving and good.

I'm going to miss you, my friend. Goodbye.

13 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

What a lovely tribute to Carl. I am so thankful he is in heaven today. Thank you for stopping by with your wonderful comments to Kevin and to me. It means so much! It has been quite a journey for us,

10:04 AM  
Blogger Tina said...

I'm sorry to hear about that.

What a beautiful tribute to a good friend.

11:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a sweet contribution, D.

3:58 PM  
Blogger gracie said...

Your writing gives a wonderful picture of this man and who he was... thank you for sharing him with us - another reason to look forward to heaven.
Hugs for you....

ps love the pic you chose!

6:11 PM  
Blogger Gardenia said...

Its going to be a fine reunion in heaven! Thanks for letting us join in your tribute to Carl.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Just a girl.... said...

I'm so sorry.

9:09 PM  
Blogger holy chaos said...

yes, what a loving tribute...

i look forward to meeting carl one day...

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have a beautiful heart and spirit...Carl was blessed to know you...

God Bless..
donna

6:06 PM  
Blogger bigshoulders said...

thank you for that poignant vignette into the life of another believer. you'll have to introduce us one day.

kevin

7:37 PM  
Blogger Candy said...

Carl is home. I bet he's thrilled.

7:29 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Thank you, All. Carl's funeral was yesterday. An amazing send off. I know he is with Jesus now. I look forward to seeing him again one day. I'll be sure to introduce him to you all!

8:24 PM  
Blogger Charlyn said...

So sorry for your loss. Glad to hear he is a believer! Hard for us, joy beyond measure for him.

Can't wait to get to heaven!

5:18 AM  
Blogger Klara said...

That was Lovely tribute!
My Condolences!

3:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home