Saturday, September 02, 2006


HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVIE

Today is my niece's birthday. Her name is Evelyn and I will never forget the weekend she was born.

It was pouring rain and I was in Mexico (off the Gulf of California on the East side of Baja) with some of my closest friends. I believe it was my brother in law, Simon, who called from England. Later, after I learned Evie had been born and my sister was doing well, I remember toasting with my friends in celebration of my great joy.

My sister's Internet is down right now but maybe she'll get a gander at this post in a week or so. This evening my heart is filled with warmth and love for my sister and her family in England. I miss them and I love them. I thank God each day for their sweet hearts.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is a doll, like the rest of the women in your family.
Happy Birthday Eve! You have a very special aunt.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Gardenia said...

Besides God, family is the sweetness of life, huh?

10:26 AM  
Blogger Charlyn said...

Isn't it hard to be apart from your sister and her family? I too am apart from mine - it's very difficult.

My daughter wants to name her daughter some day (if she has one) Evelyn/Evie - after my grandmother. What a great name!

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home