Monday, July 17, 2006


PRAISING GOD FOR SNACKS

Yeah. This post is weak. I admit it, but I really am convicted about the importance of a snack every now and then.

A snack, in the more philosophical sense, is a break from life. A rest from the routine. A snack, no matter what it is, offers refreshment and can rejuvenate our smile and attitude. Seriously, waive a Little Debbie in front of my face...I don't care WHAT KINDA DAY I'M HAVING...alls good for that moment. : )

Mark 6:30 teaches us about taking a break:
[ After the Supper for Five Thousand ] The apostles then rendezvoused with Jesus and reported on all that they had done and taught. Jesus said, "Come off by yourselves; let's take a break and get a little rest." For there was constant coming and going. They didn't even have time to eat.

So the next time you have some cheese and crackers, a few cookies or even a handful of grapes, praise the Father who encourages us to get OVER our BUSY LIVES and rest in Him.

6 Comments:

Blogger Gardenia said...

What a wonderful way to think of snacks - I think I am relieved of some guilt! Had a handful of almonds today, and a Dr. Atkins berry drink, and tonight a wonderful Capuccino with cinnamon. Yes, Praise the Lord!

10:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh boy, I am strugling. I need to lose 20 pounds so my snacks consist of carrots, grapes, and strawberries for a while. This is so hard, but it will be worth it. Please keep me accountable, and no more praises about yummy snacks to tempt me. See, I am already thinking chocolate!

2:10 PM  
Blogger TiNA said...

Thanks for the reminder... I am stuck in a house with just carrots, grapes, and strawberries. I will just have to hide the twinkies and bon-bons from the roomie, I guess. But I can share them with you when you visit. Just NONE for Janine! ;) And you can't reveal my secret hiding place or none for you either.

Yes, praise God for snacks... roomies... and jokes :)

2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I found your blog through Janine. My friend Erika has developed a whole theology on how God nurtures and blesses us through napping and snacking - so many instances in the bible of this from Elijah to Jesus. Naps and snacks are key to a healthy Christian life :)

11:36 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Mmm...

1:00 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Diana - Capuccino with cinnamon! Mmmmmmm. God is good, yes my friend!

Hey Becky!

Janine - ooohhh PEESHAW girl. You sho shexy!

Tina - smack Janine. hee hee

Hi Marti - welcome! I'm with your friend! WISE!

Robin - it's been a while! Welcome back.

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home