Saturday, July 15, 2006

PRAISING GOD AND KISSES

Reading comments on the last post, it sat on my heart about what Tina was saying about kisses.





What is it about a kiss? Kisses to comfort. Kisses to show adoration. The humble kiss.

Kisses are from God. Rooted in deep expression. Bathed in emotions ranging from the humble to the incredible. Kissses heal. Kisses betray. Kisses, well...they're plainly pretty powerful. Something so small and yet so powerful could only come from God.

I went searching for some cool pictures of kisses. I found many that I'm sharing with you here. Each one of these kisses touch my heart. I feel the joy, the relief, the bewilderment within these images. I begin to understand the awesome power, the often misunderstood expression of a kiss.


Friends, let's praise the One who created us to enjoy giving and receiving a kiss.








1 Thessalonians 5:26
Greet all the brothers with a holy kiss.
I look at these photos and see emotion thriving in a broken world. I imagine a world held together by the seemingly simple kiss. I see the world motivated to LIFE by love for fellow man.






I look up at your macro-skies, dark and enormous,
your handmade sky-jewelry,
Moon and stars mounted in their settings.
Then I look at my micro-self and wonder,
Why do you bother with us?
Why take a second look our way?
Psalm 8:3-4

Friends, our Father has enveloped us in His awesome kiss. Today I praise Him for touching my soul with his kiss.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gardenia said...

this was so moving - thank you. reminds me of the kiss on my grandson's head, the kiss on the beautiful & fragrant gardenia - the wet sloppy kiss of a baby, the dry powdery kisses of my grandma - sigh - you should be a poet...a prophetic poet, your posts bring me closer to God...

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home