Saturday, June 24, 2006


PRAISING GOD FOR MY FATHER

I wrote a bit about my father earlier on when I first began my blog. When I began this blog in December, I had not spoken to him in over six years. I had forgiven my father for his absence in my childhood but I had not really extended him any grace. God put on my heart to have courage and reconcile.

My father and I now speak at least once a week on the phone. He is a really kind man and our talks are always joyful and deep. We have been able to have some very healing discussions regarding his heroine addiction (which ended when I was a teenager) and about God. God has worked miracles in his life and mine and together, my father and I often praise God for His faithfulness in our lives.

I am praising God for my father this morning.

Lord, thank you for bringing my father and me back together!
Father-God, you are A-W-E-S-O-M-E
And I love you.

Amen.

**This is the Oakland Bay Bridge. It's significance to me is private.

6 Comments:

Blogger TiNA said...

Fathers are so wonderful. It is amazing how deep and profound the love of a father can be. I praise God for allowing me to know my own father. I am so moved by your story of reconciliation Danielle! Thank you fo sharing. God is amazing!

10:16 AM  
Blogger Beverly said...

Oh man...you are blessed in having this reunion..only wish that could have happened before mine passed. It took me a long time to get over that one, but then I found the love of my Father in heaven and in my life and in my heart...very special! Thank you, Father God...

8:36 PM  
Blogger Gardenia said...

What a beautiful blog you have and what a beautiful woman you are! Thanks for leaving a comment.

9:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope that I can one day have the kind of relationship that I'd like with my dad also.

12:19 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Please go to my blog page and e-mail me privately, if you wish, about how your dad conquered heroine. My son has just returned from 18 months in Teen Challenge clean and converted. He faces challenges ahead as well.

5:54 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Tina - your relationship with your father is very loving! Praise God!

Beverly - thank you for sharing. I'm sorry your father has passed but yes, our Father in heaven really spoils us, does he not?

Diana - thank you, thank you.

Gina - I stopped and said a prayer for you and your father.

Dawn - thank you, I will touch base soon. Such a kind offer.

Miss G - it is a blessing you are following along with me, sister in Christ.

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home