Thursday, September 28, 2006


UNFAILING LOVE

Frauds
Fakes
They left me a wreck
Those lies I told myself
Those guys I want to forget

Forging ahead
Wondering for what
emotions are meant
no straight lines to love
only passions bent

Frauds only drain
complain
pretty girl
heart stained
thunder in my heart
each day more rain

Forging ahead
when part of me was dead
wondering for what,
emotions are meant

Enter your light
a love that didn't
patronize
Your great gift to me
and now I realize
i once was blind
but now I see


'cause if everyone knows so much
why are so many traveling away
from who they really are?
oppressed
depressed
distressed
stressed
a mess

'cause if everyone knows so much
why are they sticking it to themselves
every single day?
oppressed
depressed
distressed
lonely, at best
a mess

protector of my heart
lover,
you gave yourself for me
but I didn't see
until I gave up the fight

'cause if everyone knows so much
then even fools can see
what you mean to me
my life
my gift to thee
and I'm not backing down
just because I can't see
with my eyes
what my heart believes

3 Comments:

Blogger Janine said...

Aren't we so glad the storm is over, only bright days ahead. There might be rain here and there, but with God that's all there will be. Even during the rain, He is with us carrying us in his arms and protecting us like a father would protect his little baby from the rain. We are so blessed to have such a loving father.

9:42 AM  
Blogger gracie said...

is this a song, with a tune?
so true that sight comes when you give up fighting!

5:24 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Janine - I am glad it's over...I will never forget the storm or the sun that rose after it was over...

Gracie - yes, these are lyrics...I used to write songs more than poetry...I am enjoying getting back into it again...

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home