Wednesday, June 21, 2006


PRAISING GOD FOR MY SON

I had another praise in mind for today but when I awoke, I began to think about my son. I awoke praising God for my motherhood and for allowing me to be the mother of such a great kid.

Some of my blog details the turbulence in my life surrounding my shared custody of my son, Forrest. But you know what? It's not so bad. A few years back things were really tough. My son and I were both struggling with depression. We both were lost. These days there's "stuff" to deal with but it seems so minor compared to the larger issues that loomed over our heads once. God has been so faithful. I am so appreciative.

Forrest is a bright, funny and kind person. He has never raised his voice to me. He holds my hand and prays with me each night that he is here in my home. He is a gentle soul and I love him to pieces.

Lord, I praise you this morning for my boy.
Thank you for giving me this courageous son.
Lord, I praise you for giving me the strength to love him during these kooky teenage years!
I praise you for pursuing his heart that he might know You, Father.

One day some parents brought their [scruffy teenagers] to Jesus so he could touch them and bless them, but the disciples told them not to bother him. Then Jesus called for the [teenagers] and said to the disciples, "Let the [teenagers] come to me. Don't stop them! For the Kingdom of God belongs to such as these. I assure you, anyone who doesn't have their kind of faith will never get into the Kingdom of God." Luke 18:15-17

15 Comments:

Blogger Gigi said...

Can I just praise Him here for the Mother you are to your son.....thanks for sharing that for guiding us into a journey of PRAISE!!!

8:21 AM  
Blogger Just a girl.... said...

Wonderful! Motherhood is definitely praiseworthy!

8:39 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

At a loss for words at the beauty of this post. Thank you for your gentle loving soul.

8:44 AM  
Blogger Beverly said...

aww..guess what I praise God for my son too..don't cha just love em..

10:33 AM  
Blogger happytheman said...

Cool stuff thanks.

10:43 AM  
Blogger BNTonnu said...

Summer begins...at school grounds, I saw students jumping and declaring.."I am free!No more homeworks for the next three months!"

Freedom. The word itself and those smiling faces, including my own children's - stir in my heart, my soul and my mind (*_*).

Then you know the truth and the truth set you free (John 8:31)
Sing praise for our own freedom.

Are you free today?
God bless.

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your praise for your son brought tears to my eyes today. What a gift you are to Forrest! I just love your 40 days of praise idea.

Katherine

11:31 AM  
Blogger Charlyn said...

I'm amazed at how we can in one breath praise God for the gift of our children, and in the next breath, wonder what to do with them?!

Raising teenagers is so difficult. My sweet little girls are moody and argumentative. But, I still love them to death. And my 9 year old son, he still thinks the world of us. He too is gentle and sensitive, and I can't wait to see where God leads him as an adult!

Just watched some home videos of when the kids were little. Puts everything back into perspective. They are a gift from God, here on loan to us to take care of and raise them up. Thank you Lord, for blessing me with 3 wonderful children!!

This 40 days of praise stuff is fun!! ;)

2:38 PM  
Blogger gracie said...

Praise God for your boy...and for encouraging me to thank Him for mine...

5:49 PM  
Blogger Lor & Josh said...

I had stumbled across your blog through Robin too a few days ago and was so blessed but didn't comment. June 19ths post lifted my soul tonight. Since Sunday God has been training me in thankfulness and your posts have encouraged me to LOOK for things on purpose to praise Him about. LOVE your Christ-centered perspective on life.

6:51 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Wow! Everyone, it seems 40 Days of Praise is spreading. Thank you for all of your kind words and encouragement. Please, check out one another's blogs and encourage each other.

All I can think about is Praising God lately. How could I have lived any other way?? I hope you all are also feeling da love! : )

11:11 PM  
Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

Definitley prais God for my boy...he's so grown up now but still his mamma's baby.. Praise you Lord for pursuing his heart always...never letting him forget You!

6:18 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Jada's Gigi - I love that your photo has your boy in your arms! Praising your love this morning!

8:39 AM  
Blogger bigshoulders said...

awesome post, Danielle.
your son is blessed to have a mother who prays with him, and for him.

kevin

9:52 AM  
Blogger Candy said...

Aww yes...Praise You Father for bringing out the mother in me, for loving my boy, and for putting us together.

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home