Monday, June 05, 2006



BLUE JEAN FROG

BUT FIRST, THANK YOU
Thank you, friends, for reading and commenting on my current struggles. My last post came after a few days of great sorrow and frustration. Your encouragement is very touching considering I have never personally met any of you. But then, I've never met the Apostle Paul and yet, I feel very close to him through his kind and generous words. And just as Paul's words touch my heart, yours did as well.

Tonight, I seek to praise God.

When I went to Costa Rica a few years back, I encountered a little dart frog they call the Blue Jean Frog. This tiny creature gets his name from the little pair of blue jeans he wears which distinguish him from the other frogs his size with no pants.

What a beautiful God we have who created this little creature. God has left no detail undone. These are not my photos. I found them on the web, but I did see these tiny guys out in the rainforests.

Thank you, Lord, for being so big. For being bigger than my problems. For being so imaginative. I praise you for our planet filled with miraculous creatures and events. I know you hear my restless prayers...I know you exist in every detail of my life...right down to my blue jeans.

"The minute I said, 'I'm slipping, I'm falling.'
your love, GOD, took hold and held me fast.
When I was upset and beside myself,
you calmed me down and cheered me up." --Psalm 94:18-19

WELCOME AARON
I'd also like to note...my best friend Tabitha gave birth to her 3rd son, Aaron today. I got to hold the little grapefruit in my arms tonight. : )

I love you, Lord.

Goodnight.
~Danielle

10 Comments:

Blogger TiNA said...

I knew blue jeans are from God. The good thing for the frog is they always fit. Wish I could say that about mine. :) Love ya!!

10:43 PM  
Blogger Papa Louie said...

The heavens and the earth and all that is in it is for man's enjoyment. Man is for God and His enjoyment.

6:39 AM  
Blogger steve said...

Jeesh... I think those jeans are "Seven's"...

frogs are so trendy!

9:46 AM  
Blogger Gigi said...

I heard a woodpecker this morning and remember someone telling me howthere is this cushion or an air pocket so as not to get a headache from the incessant drumming...What a God you know, to think of that! Thanks for a great post leading to some gratitude myself....b

10:19 AM  
Blogger Charlyn said...

I love that we can unite as Christians via the internet! And some day, we will get to meet in heaven!

God is very creative, isn't he? Just look at the diverse people he created!

Love the blue jean frog - too cute.

Love babies too, I bet the little "grapefruit" is darling!

2:08 PM  
Blogger Gloamer said...

Who would've thought to put blue-jeans on a frog? God's got sense of style and humor that baffles.

Thanks for the prayers while I'm abroad.

4:29 PM  
Blogger Kathleen Jennette said...

Glad you liked my blog...like yours too--very calming.

8:49 PM  
Blogger Deb @ Sugarfused said...

*hugs* Danielle...I really admire your spirit :))

5:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Danielle!!! I am so glad you stopped by my blog and left a comment. The second I opened you I felt such a connection - we have so much in common!! I am going to read your entire blog on my lunch break today to get know you better.

I just started a new blog yesterday, I will leave the old one up but the new one is where I will be for now on.

Blessings to you!

11:48 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Tina - God is cool that way! ; )

Papa Louie - again, cool and wise words! thank you for continuing to read!

Steve - Kermit always looked dashing to me!

Becky - God is amazing!!!!!!

Shenna - one day...I will meet you and embrace you, sweet cyber sister!

Gloamer - wow! hello Ireland!

kt did - thanks for stopping by!

Deb - thanks for the note...I am loving the photos on your blog!!!! Amazing as always.

Barbara - WELCOME! We should have connected some time ago!

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home