Sunday, May 07, 2006



TABITHA & STEPHEN
Tabitha, a true joy in my life will be moving on soon. Her husband, Stephen, is in the service and their family is gearing up to receive his orders to relocate. They are still uncertain where they are headed but one thing seems imminent...they are leaving Southern California.

I am really going to miss my best friend. I know that we will stay in close touch via phone and email...but just the awareness that she won't be physically nearby leaves me sad and grieving.

I thank God for these gentle friends of mine. They are passionate, intelligent and considerate creatures. Stephen was one of the first people to show up the night I began my small group. Tabitha joined our study not long thereafter. Together, we have discussed, debated and embraced what it means to be followers of Jesus Christ. This has created a special bond between us as human beings and for me and Tabitha, a friendship and sisterhood like no other.

This post is for Tab and Stephen. I love you and may God keep you in your travels and protect Stephen as he heads to Iraq.

"So that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge--that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God." Ephesians 3:17-19 NIV

9 Comments:

Blogger gracie said...

Great friends are forever... just wish they could all live in close proximity to me! (so I'm with you on that one, Danielle)
Great photo - you're all beautiful!

7:18 PM  
Blogger Christine Boles said...

That's a great photo of you guys! Hearing about your relationship with Tabitha was really nice, and I'm sorry to hear that circumstances will distance you physically (hopefully not mentally!).
But what a treasure to have experienced! Close female friends seem to be getting rare, because everyone is so busy, these days.

9:33 AM  
Blogger Gigi said...

Truly stunning photo.....thanks for sharing it and blessed you are...I loved that you called them 'gentle friends'...wow

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a beautiful Lady and blessed with some good friends...

God Bless

4:37 PM  
Blogger Charlyn said...

Awwww..sniffle sniffle...

7:17 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Thank you everyone for these lovely comments! I pray you have equally generous friends in your lives!

11:58 PM  
Blogger Gigi said...

Or maybe we BE those gentle friends....thanks

10:16 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Becky...yes, I praise God for your EYE OPENING comment!

Thank you gentle friends, sisters and brothers in Christ!

5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stephen and I are very touched by this beautiful entry. You have been and continue to be a truly important part of our lives, and we are so thankful that God saw fit to bless us all by having our paths cross via your living room :). We love you dearly and will always keep you close to our hearts.

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home