Thursday, May 11, 2006

"If you give encouraging guidance, be careful that you don't get bossy; if you're put in charge, don't manipulate; if you're called to give aid to people in distress, keep your eyes open and be quick to respond; if you work with disadvantaged, don't let yourself get irritated with them or depressed by them. Keep a smile on your face." Romans 12:8 (MSG)

"Those of us who are strong and able in the faith need to step in and lend a hand to those who falter, and not just do what is most convenient for us. Strength is for service, not status." Romans 15:1 (MSG)

Friends, I'm sagging tonight. Not in the best of moods, not entirely in the worst of moods. I have been serving people all week. I need to plug in to God.

A woman I do not know called me for prayer tonight. Her tears echo within me. So many are disconnected. So many are hurting. I give her God, not me. I'm learning.

7 Comments:

Blogger TiNA said...

Thank you for sharing. I to am in a fog today. So much going on in my head. I give so much of myself, I feel bad for asking and getting at times. Thank you for the encouragement you are. It is ok to take a night off for God. Love ya tons!!

9:30 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Thanks, Tina. I guess this is what we are gonna face at times. And I know that you give so very very much. You ask for nothing and you always have an encouraging voice and smile for everyone.

I love YOU tons.

9:50 PM  
Blogger Gigi said...

You got it....and you teach us!

9:19 AM  
Blogger Diane Viere said...

For people who compassionately care for others....setting boundaries is so important. Be careful to take care of yourself. Take a breather! God has provided the Holy Spirit...so that when we are exhausted and unable to do His work--the H.S. takes over...and prompts someone else! That's simplified...but you know what I mean!

God Bless!

Diane

1:26 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Becky...I almost got it...well, maybe ONE DAY I'll get it! Thanks for your kind words!

Diane...thank you as well. Your words are WISE. My girlfriends challenged me today to SLOW DOWN. I am doing too much and burn out and resentment is looming...gotta JUST SAY NO. I begin this week. No more saying yes to anything until one month after the return of my missions trip. I am being crunched.

They say if Satan can't make you BAD...he'll make you BUSY.

3:20 PM  
Blogger Charlyn said...

Great words of wisdom the Lord has left us, hasn't he?

We serve an awesome God.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Thank you all for the kind comments and prayers. I made some tough decisions this week...but they were such good ones too...need to slow down and replenish.

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home