Saturday, April 29, 2006


I left a piece of my heart in England.

This is my sister.
My one and only Dee Dee.
I love her so...

I brought her a couple pairs of Converse, some Pop Rocks and Beef Jerky. You know, all the stuff you can't get in England. (Well, you can get Converse but they are outrageously priced.)

Spending time with her and her daughters was food for my soul.

When God dished out sisters, he made sure that I got one with plenty of patience. And I say pu-lenty. Because I know I'm not easy. I was in awe at her strength and endearing commitment to her family. She has sacrificed so much for them, including the sunny beaches of California, including the comforts of having her family near, including...well, including LOADS of things. And she NEVER complains.

I want to write some sort of tribute to this one I love so much but the words are tough...there is so much to say about her.

For Deanna

She is one of a kind
She is more than I recalled
She is all that I believe in

She is lovely
Lovely to the extent
I find it tough to know
What to say
What to do
With all that I feel

While I was sleeping
She awoke

She is one of a kind
She is more than meets the eye
She is too far away

California misses her
but not so much as I

5 Comments:

Blogger Charlyn said...

Don't you love sisters? This was very endearing.

Ironic, my sister chose California as her home, and left the green pastures of Wisconsin! (20 some years ago.) So we've lived a lifetime apart, though she's always near to my heart!

6:08 AM  
Blogger gracie said...

Sometimes I'd like my sister to live next door... but if she did, I wouldn't get to actually stay with her for a week at a time when I go to visit! And that is special...
This is a beautiful tribute to your sister :)

5:54 PM  
Blogger steve said...

i dig that line...

"While I was sleeping she awoke..."

lots in there

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, Danie, thanks.

I wuv you!

xoxox

7:21 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

I wuv you too Dee Dee!!!!!!!!!!! xoxoxoxoxox

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home