Saturday, February 04, 2006

OPEN HANDED LOVE
My son and I talked this morning. He was upset that between a 2 week vacation planned with his father this summer and the missions trip, he feels he won't have a summer with his friends. He went on to share with me that he feels he can't say no to me or his dad.

Although I feel a missions trip would be meaningful to him, maybe it isn't time.

I said to him, "you know, I'm on mission for life. My heart longs to do God's work forever, so how 'bout you just go with me another time, a different summer?" And his face lit up. I could see how relieved he felt. I asked if he would help me prepare for my trip and he was enthusiastic to do so and we agreed to just do some one day trips to Mexico to do something local.

I may not be taking him on a missions trip this year but I pray God continues to give me the wisdom and patience to love my boy with an open hand. I would love to see him on that trip with me but for now, I'm not going to plan on it. My son needs a break between choosing between what mom wants him to and what dad wants him to do. I know my son will be used by God in a special way. I pray I may continue to be a supportive example to him.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gigi said...

You are a wise woman...following and seeking His will...I am awed ....

9:24 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Thank you for your prayers and support!

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home