Thursday, January 26, 2006

INTERNAL AUDIT
In my "other life" I work on an internal audit team. In reviewing some documents today, I issued the comment "items being carried forward without timely resolve." In accounting terms, this means that instead of researching and resolving an outstanding item, it is carried forward into subsequent accounting periods. Gee, how often are we guilty of this
in our personal lives? We just push the discomfort forward, refusing to accept responsibility of resolve.

I will be kind to my mother after I...
I will forgive my ex-girlfriend when she...
I will begin trusting God once I...
I will deal with my mother's alcoholism and its affects upon my love relationships as soon as...

How many times can you push an item forward until you are audited?

2 Comments:

Blogger bigshoulders said...

Wow. Great observation, Danielle. I have some auditing of my own to do, admittedly. I haven't entirely given up some of the burdens I refuse to unshoulder.

b.s.

4:12 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

We've all got stuff to "give up..." glad I could provide some food for thought...we can trust it will be lifted from us...now if we could just let go!

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home