Tuesday, January 10, 2006

VULNERABLE
I am feeling vulnerable tonight. Things are going well for me pretty much. I am quite happy about being able to remain on as a volunteer with the singles team. I have been calling my small group leaders and chatting with them about their lives, their groups and an upcoming conference at our church. I feel so blessed to be able to share stories with these women, listen to how they are doing and to pray with them. It warms my heart each time. Each call or each lunch with them is special and precious to me. But it is times like these when the sneaky attacks begin.

My son's father is up in arms about the idea of a mentor for our son. I am praying on this situation. My son needs a godly man in his life. I respect his father for being his father but beyond that, we do not live by the same moral compass. I am uncertain how to handle this other than to pray.

I left my son's father nearly 14 years ago and he told me this week that he needs to "say a few things to me" in front of his counselor. (sigh) I am praying for patience, wisdom and protection for myself and my son.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gigi said...

I'll just pray with you.....

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home