Friday, December 23, 2005

RECONCILIATION

It just happened like that. I was so afraid to make that call. I emailed a few people whom I trust to ask for prayer and then dialed.

My father answered the phone. He told me that the last time we spoke (in December of 1999) I told him I'd call him when I returned from Las Vegas. Of course, we never spoke after that. Thinking back to that time in my life...eish...I was a mess. He was a mess...Lord, I thank you for carrying me and my father this far.

He was very kind to me and shared openly about his life now with his new wife. He is living in Texas and working for Wal Mart. It was touching to hear of his life and how he loved his animals and his wife. I told him that I like to cook fish and he gave me this short recipe:

Ingredients:
A couple of rainbow trout
Butter
Dill
Breadcrumbs
3 eggs

Blend the eggs and add a little water to them. Dip the trout in the eggs and then drag through some breadcrumbs. You can season the crumbs with the dill, salt and/or pepper. Add a pat of butter inside each trout and then bake until skin is crispy.

It feels good to share what he shared with me. I feel like crying...I can't stop crying tears of joy.

Please stay tuned...

"Praise you God of earth and sky
How beautiful is your unfailing love...

And you never change
God you remain
the Holy One
and my unfailing love..." --Chris Tomlin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home