Tuesday, December 27, 2005

LEAVING IT TO GOD

Over the holiday I reviewed the application materials from my church a bit more. There's a question they ask on the very first page...

"Is there anything in your life presently or in your recent past (2 years or less) that might be viewed by other believers as contrary to Biblical teachings?"

Yes. There is and I'm not sure if our Pastor knows about this but it isn't something I've kept secret...it just never came up and I didn't realize they would ask this, however, I completely understand.

Until I returned to Christ I was living with my ex-boyfriend. I moved out roughly 17 months ago. I began attending church a few months before we parted and, honestly, my renewed faith in God is part of what made my break-up so much easier. I mean, it was tough...but much easier than I imagined it would be because I really felt God had a plan for my life and although I was afraid and leaving that relationship hurt, I knew I needed to move forward.

When I left, I left. I asked for minimal contact so that I would not be tempted to backslide into anything with him and he was very respectful. I just pushed on and prayed a lot and here I am.

I emailed our Pastor today to let him know all of this and we'll see what he says. I believe God will have a hand in the answer. Our Pastor already knows I love the Lord and want to serve but if I have to wait...then I have to wait. God's timing is perfect.

"We refuse to wear masks and play games. We don't maneuver and manipulate behind the scenes. And we don't twist God's Word to suit ourselves. Rather, we keep everything we do and say out in the open, the whole truth on display, so that those who want to can see and judge for themselves in the presence of God." --2 Corinthians 4:2 (MSG)