Sunday, January 08, 2006

WAITING DOES NOT DIMINISH BUT DEEPENS OUR DESIRES
I received confirmation from our pastor that, indeed, I must wait until I am farther along in my walk before applying for the on-staff position at my church. I believe if I'd had any other reply, I would have felt I'd somehow taken a "short cut" and I know how short cuts can harm us.

For just a moment I wondered, why did they ever have to ask me? What was the point in getting my hopes up? But the application begged a deeper question which I was not asking myself. Where am I truly at in my walk right now? Well, I'm walking...and I'm headed, I believe, in a good direction...but I would not describe myself as a "mature believer"...maturity will naturally take some time. The Holy Spirit has gifted me with discernment and I feel my love is strong. I would describe myself as someone who loves God with all her heart and wants to grow.

Our pastor had kind words for me. His support and faith in me are much appreciated. He said I definately still have a place on the team and may continue in my volunteer current role. This is a privilege and a blessing.

Meanwhile, there were some additional blessings in my life this weekend. My son will be connected very soon with a mentor. The church has found someone who is interested in coming alongside him. This is fantastic news and an answer to one of my new years prayers! Praise God!

1 Comments:

Blogger Gigi said...

keep walking and writing PLEASE...

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home