Wednesday, December 28, 2005

NEW SMALL GROUP BEGINS NEXT WEEK

My all women's group begins next week. I'm really looking forward to it. I am praying for new women to join us who are searching to grow closer to the Lord. For such a long time I desired for mature Christians to join our small group but I have begun to feel differently. I'd like for anyone searching for love and kindnesss to join us. I believe Christ will meet them here. So now, I'm praying that God will send whoever needs to be here.

The ladies from my co-ed group will be joining me and all seem very excited. I'm not sure what our first study will be. Going to look into this over the next few days.

I'm trying to remain upbeat about my new women's group, etc. but I am feeling a bit of anxiety lately. I doubt I will hear back from our pastor for at least another week regarding whether or not I should apply for the church position. I am already coaching about a dozen small group leaders in a volunteer position and my concern is that they will remove those groups from under my care because of the 2-year "clause" (for lack of a better word). I wrote the following on a scrap of paper at work today and stuck it in my pocket:

"My heart tells me that I have a long spiritual journey ahead of me and that the details regarding this journey are kept by God. But God desires for me to share my journey and remain in His fold. God does not call the equipped. He equips those He calls and I feel my life has been building up to these moments...to these events now leading me into ministry and servanthood."

I know that I am not as spiritually mature as some. I have so much to learn. I ask my heart: do you really feel you are ready to lead, Danielle? (this is not the same question as: do you want to lead?) And I feel I AM ready to serve at the capacity for which I am applying. BUT...there is probably something here that I am unwilling to see.

I liken my desire to enter ministry to falling in love with a man. Am I ready for marriage or do I need to be courted a while longer? I feel I've found the "man of my dreams"...but maybe it isn't time for marriage....it isn't time to serve. I agree that if I were to wait another six months I will be stronger and more prepared. (sigh) So maybe that is what I need to do. Wait. Just be patient and wait. Lord, you have a plan...I pray that you will strengthen my soul with patience and fortitude.

"Waiting does not diminish us, any more than waiting diminishes a pregnant mother. We are enlarged in the waiting. We, of course, don't see what is enlarging us. But the longer we wait, the larger we become, and the more joyful our expectancy." -- Romans 8:24-25

(Paul, you continue to ROCK...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home