Wednesday, January 18, 2006

TRUST IN HIM
Two kind scriptures assist me this evening:

"You're blessed when you feel you've lost what is most dear to you. Only then can you be embraced by the One most dear to you." - Matthew 5:4 (MSG)

(Jesus Said) "I've told you all this so that trusting me, you will be unshakable and assured, deeply at peace. In this godless world you will continue to experience difficulties. But take heart! I've conquered the world." -John 16:33 (MSG)

I have no choice...I make no choice but to trust in God. My son returns to his father's tonight and my heart goes with him. I read a quote once about motherhood and it went something like:

"When you become a mother, you spend the rest of your life watching your heart walk around outside your body."

And I know this to be true. But God is faithful to me and I spent the evening with my women's group. Tonight was our first "official" night and we did pretty well. A new lady joined us and she was a pleasant addition. We are now 4 ladies. Praise God! We studied Matthew 7 and lifted prayers for one another. I miss the other 2 ladies who cannot join us at this time.

I praise God this evening. I thank God for his tender mercies upon my life. I miss my son so much as I am writing this but I feel the peace of Christ and it is enough.

6 Comments:

Blogger Gigi said...

So many words I'd like to say......
So many thoughts and yet what I 'hear' is ' she doesn't NEED you to say anything just keep listening and reading and praying' ....So I'm going to....

7:54 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

BJK - please elaborate - I am open to the discussion.

6:55 PM  
Blogger Gigi said...

No that was me talking to me and my penchant for KNOWING what to do or say or ....and I really think especially w/blogging we want people to listen to us??? Ask questions you bet ...but mostly just read and listen to us...glad you clarified that it was a VISIT....

8:17 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Thank you for your prayers and for reading...I'm blogging to grow...in whatever direction God blesses. I also enjoy your blog and am challenged by your words. I guess I want people to listen...but more so I hope to inspire others who read and do not yet know Christ. Whatever the challenge...He is here now. WHEW!!! : )

7:38 PM  
Blogger bigshoulders said...

thanks for your stop by TTL, Danielle. i enjoyed this post and the two scriptures you've highlighted here. i love the simplicity of the Message translation, and the Matthew 5:4 verse serves as a reminder to me that i don't always react to loss the way God wishes me to, and by my own admission, i'm not relying upon Christ as much as i should. thanks for the visit, Danielle. i'll be back. i like your style.

b.s. (kevin)

12:29 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Wow! Thanks for stopping by B.S. New readers are certainly welcome!

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home