Sunday, October 08, 2006


LORD, ALL MY DESIRE IS BEFORE YOU;

And my sighing is not hidden from YOU. --Psalm 38:9

I gave my testimony for the first time yesterday (to an English speaking audience). I recall sharing my story in Rwanda but there was the whole element of "they probably don't understand much of what I'm saying..." that helped calm my nerves.

I'm just being real here.

On the lines of being real, I want to share that yesterday was one long haze for me. I did not prepare for my testimony. I stepped outside the room of women about 10 minutes after the singing began. I had brought my notebook with me. I rested it on a cement pillar outside the church, near the children's center and I just prayed and began to write.

Then I ripped out the first page. And I began to write again. I did a bullet point sort of outline and took it back inside...but after speaking less than a minute, I ended up shutting the notebook and just talked.

Speaking to the women's group in the morning took courage. I was very touched by the women who came later to say they were helped by my story. But what happened later on in the day still has me in a bit of shock.

Friends, my pastor asked me to share again last night during the Singles Service. I won't give the details but I was up in front of a few hundred people and I was belting it out again...the most painful, vulnerable details of my life.

Last night, I gave Satan my middle finger. I'd had enough of the tricks he'd used my whole life to isolate me, to keep me from being real with anyone because I know God has a plan for me and I can't keep pretending I can't hear His call to speak up, to speak out, to open up, to reach out. It's time to openly give glory to God for healing me.

ANSWERS TO MORE PRAYERS
My son and I spoke this evening. He continues to be so torn up because he's going back and forth between my house and his father's. I sat my boy down and proceeded to share my testimony very openly with him as well. I told him that I know it hurts and I'm so sorry it hurts. I told him that I never regretted having him. And I apologized for all the mistakes I made. And I apologized that I was so broken for so long and wasn't a proper mother when I should have been. And I stroked the curls on his teenage head and told him I loved him more than anything in this world. I told him I could handle it if he moved back to his father's. I know he doesn't want this but he can't keep living in two homes.

Lord, I am yours tonight
Take all of me
I am not sure what's next
But there is no fear in me tonight
Only awe

Every step I take, I take with You
Keep my son close to You
I take these risks
because I believe in You

I am truly free...


Tonight, all my desires are before the Lord but I can't help but sigh, because I believe what I shared this weekend is going to change my life.

11 Comments:

Blogger Charlyn said...

Oh girl. I'm so happy for you. And sad.

I'm thrilled that you gave your testimony, and were encouraged by it. I'm sure people were touched. I'm sure God used it. I'm excited that it has made a change in you!

I'm sad for you having to let go of your son. I would've done the same. It is a sacrifice of love. Use your most powerful tool - prayer. I will pray for him too. The Lord already knows his future and the plans He has for him. He is in good hands!

9:48 AM  
Blogger happytheman said...

God's doing wonderful things through you. Praise God for you. You son will is blessed to have such a humble mother. May the Holy Spirit never let you feel alone.

10:30 AM  
Blogger 10apen said...

Psalm 62:6 '... He is my defense...'
Philippians 4:19 'My God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory.'

may the Spirit of God & the Word be the wind beneath your wings.

Blessings!

5:40 AM  
Blogger gracie said...

Thank you Danielle for being real - especially here where you have blessed others with your honest heart.
Thinking of you... I think of "surrendered" - and that inspires me.

6:08 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

What a truly courageous mother. I didn't have the same strength and it has only created problems and allowed dysfunctions in the hearts and minds of my teenage sons. But, like you I prayed for my sons (probably not nearly enough) and I made mistakes, and I asked for their forgiveness. God will take care of you both and create a bond and loving relationship between you and your son like no other.
I'll pray for you and your son. Please do the same for me.

11:29 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

I would have loved to hear it!

4:51 PM  
Blogger raema said...

That's awesome, I can't wait until I someday have the courage to get up and give my testimony, you will be truly blessed because of it. And you will also be blessed for what you have done for your son. He is an ever knowing God. You're in my prayers....

7:04 PM  
Blogger Gardenia said...

I'm sitting here crying. God is doing something so profound, I don't know what, but as I read your blog I feel Him over you, around you, in you. Enough.

10:16 PM  
Blogger bigshoulders said...

Thanks, Danielle for being so real. I know God will use (and truthfully already is using this testimony to great effect.

kevin

PS: will be praying for you...

12:09 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Thank you everyone.

God has blessed me with your readership and I am amazed by your encouraging words when most of you do not know me personally.

Each of you has my prayers this evening.

8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darling, I am so proud of you. I look forward to hearing your testimony later. I pray for you and Forrest, for God to comfort you and give you peace.

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home