Saturday, April 08, 2006



PROPENSITY TOWARDS INTENSITY
Okay, friends, thanks for your comments on my last post. As of late, I've been going off on a tangent. I get a bit intense at times...fellow bloggers, can ya relate? I think these are the minds of writers, for those hungry to communicate and contribute to the discussion of life. I praise God for my questions, for my constant hunger.

I don't like to post too much about my personal life. Like to "keep it general" but recent events have challenged me. I like the challenge. I am really enjoying writing again and exploring "where I'm at..." And time and time again, God brings me into a fuller awareness of Him and life.

"Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy. He who goes out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with him." Psalm 126:5,6

Drumroll...a man has entered my midst. (yes, you could have knocked me over with a feather...) He serves at my church. Volunteer like me. Probably been there a few years longer. A faithful servant. We've talked a few times. He's interesting. Funny.

CRASHING CARTS
So I run into him in the store and we stood and chatted for probably well over an hour. Something was said about fitness and I said:

"There are 2 things I can't stand: working out and gardening. These are promises I can't keep."

And he says,

"When I walked up on you from behind...I wasn't sure it was you, but I was thinking, you've got a nice backside. You're lookin' pretty fit to me." And he's grinning. Grinning like a kid.

So I explode. I tell him, "hey, My Christian brothers would never chose to compliment me in that manner. They would tell me that I'm a good servant or that I know scripture well."

And he says, "Well, that's how I compliment a woman."

I couldn't believe this guy. How can he say these words to me? He knows I'm one of the leaders. He and I have talked before, and he knows how serious I take my role in the Singles Ministry.

So I thought about it for a few minutes. I say to him,

"Well, erhh...thank you. I guess I will go home now and tell my girlfriends that I received a real compliment this week."

And I left him, half disgusted, half intrigued.

We are going out for coffee next week.

11 Comments:

Blogger Just a girl.... said...

Appalling. Such nerve! Sounds like fun.....

10:33 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

hee hee

10:58 AM  
Blogger New Life said...

Wait a minute. The dude had the audacity to tell you that he was checking out your butt?

You did say you need to cut loose. :)

I look forward to the follow-up.

Let me know if you want my prediction. :)

10:15 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Rick, errh...okay, gimme your prediction.

Hey, it's JUST coffee!

Here's to cutting loose this week...!

11:00 PM  
Blogger Gigi said...

Perhaps his gift of discernment is just unleashed enough to know....or perhaps he just lives out there and vulnerable....what a combo..if I told you what my husband said to me the first date.....and I STILL married him! But this is just coffee and I don't mean to imply otherwise....ENJOY!!

8:29 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

He is being who he is, that is very....um....well it is very uncommon now a-days. So many men try to comform themselves to what they think we want, to get what they want. Just have a good time. You are a faithful servant, no one is questioning that.

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like to think of you as the kitty pictured in this entry... racing over the grass away from the meanies in the background. Wonder where you are headed? Only God knows, but the ride is sure fun :). I'm glad you are going out on Tuesday. Wear a cute shirt in my honor ;).

12:42 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Great story. I wish I had such a story to tell. Maybe I need to compliment more women on their butts... hmm... Love the picture too.

3:23 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Becky - I'd love to hear your story! I have already enjoyed the loving words you've shared about your man on your blog! : )

Sarah - yes, being who we are gets a 10 in my book.

Tab - I am the kitty. I embrace the kitty!

Robin - Yes, when you find your kitty, compliment her butt or legs.

6:35 PM  
Blogger Charlyn said...

O.k., now I get the picture have with this post! :)

Best wishes on your coffee date! Another christian, how awesome!

5:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl, take the compliment! Do you know how many women would die to hear that? Granted, he should not have said it so soon, but be happy, very happy, that he noticed, and that he thinks it looks good. You rock.

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home