Saturday, April 01, 2006


GOD, MY DEPENDABLE LOVE
God never lets me down. I say this again. God N-E-V-E-R lets me down.

"I can always count on you--
God, my dependable love." Psalm 59:17 (MSG)

There is much pain in my surrender to the Lord. But it is the kind of pain that a child would face when holding onto a half-eaten cookie that's being pulled from her grimy hands 20 minutes before dinner.

I have crumbs on my face, my eyes are red and wet and puffy and I am determined not to let go. (And by the way, I've dropped this cookie into the dirt at least half a dozen times only to anxiously throw myself upon it and snatch it right back up...)

"Because the Lord disciplines those he loves,
and he punishes everyone he accepts as a son." Hebrews 12:6 (NIV)

There is nothing we could do to make God love us any more or any less. Nothing. But often it is tough for us pea-minded creatures to understand this. His unconditional, beautiful, beautiful love for us. I rest in the knowledge that God beckons my surrender. I FEEL him pulling on my cookie. He's not gonna pull me flat on my face but he's tugging. I can feel the tug of his love in my life these days. An ever-present reminder that he's lookin' out for me.

5 Comments:

Blogger Charlyn said...

It's so cool when you can sense God is moving in your life.

Let go and let God sister!

6:44 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

True true true... And hey, I just noticed you linked to my blog -- Thanks! I'll have to return the favour when I get my links set up again.

8:16 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Shenna - I love that cheer..."Let Go! Let God!" Amen, sister!

Robin - Yes, Pearls Before Swine is certainly link-worthy. I am enjoying your journey as well.

--Danie

10:17 PM  
Blogger Gigi said...

What a picture...thanks for letting me see it...I've lived it that's for sure but to see it...a gift sister...a GIFT...

1:43 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Becky, glad you enjoyed the picture. I just dig around for stuff and inspiration happens. I don't know who the child is in this picture but the sweetness of it spoke to me.

Thank you, friend, for continuing to read and contribute such kind comments.

11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home