Friday, March 24, 2006



I ONLY THOUGHT ABOUT DOING IT

I mentioned to a couple friends this week that I felt like "ripping apart a stuffed animal with a pair of scissors and then passing out face down in a bowl of Hagen Daaz."

Yes. It has been a tough week. But hey, I only THOUGHT about doing it.

But I didn't start this blog to whine. I started it to provide myself with a forum to share MY HOPE and GOD'S PROMISES.

A friend of mine used to say "If He puts you to it, He'll get you through it." So true.

I had a tough week, friends. Things aren't going so well with my son. He's nearly 16 and I think this is just time for him to start finding out where the boundaries are. He is bright. He is loving. He loves the Lord. And he is completely selfish and underachieving to such a degree that I'm concerned.

I'm not gonna blog too much about what is going on with him. I continue to praise God through trials. As you read this, please say a prayer for him and me.

"There is no one like the God of Jeshurn, who rides the heavens to help you, and in His excellency on the clouds. The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms..." Deuteronomy 33:26-27

Blessings to you this weekend.

Danielle

2 Comments:

Blogger Deb @ Sugarfused said...

I think "selfish" and "underachieving" are fairly common traits in most 16 yr. old kids - at least it was in the two (girls) that I raised ;~)

9:57 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Deb...nice to know I am not alone! Whew!

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home