Sunday, April 02, 2006


IT HAD TO HAPPEN
I had to post this photo of the Clash for my good friend, Teri, who was baptized today. It has been my privilege to witness her beautiful surrender to Christ over the past year while we've shared friendship and a small group.

We came back to my house afterwards for some lunch and someone put on Chris Tomlin. Don't get me wrong, I love his music, but today called for something special. Nothin' like a bit of the Clash on a Sunday afternoon to get a party started...

Teri, I'm only sorry that I did not know you when you had the blue mohawk. But I'll take you just as you are and I love you.

3 Comments:

Blogger New Life said...

The Clash! The only band that matters. :)

"Every cheap hood strikes a bargain with the World
And ends up making payments on a sofa or a girl.
Love ’n’ hate tattooed across the knuckles of his hands
The hands that slap his kids around ’cause they don’t understand

How death or glory becomes just another story
How death or glory becomes just another story."

Sorry for the "singing the song" on your blog but there is some really deep powerful words in what Mick Jones and Joe Strummer wrote.

Thanks!
:)

7:04 AM  
Blogger steve said...

Joe Strummer... ahhhh... memories

1:43 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Sing away, Rick.

You know it, Steve!

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home