Monday, December 19, 2005

I'm pretty exhausted right now but wanted to write. This past weekend was quite busy for myself and for my group. I was blessed to have been chosen to be the birthcoach for one of my small group members. Her water broke on Friday and we left immediately for the hospital. I was with my friend all night but could not stay for the actual delivery on Saturday because I was due to be a bridesmaid in the wedding of another small group member! It was a crazy, yet blessed weekend! A wedding and a birth on the same day! Praise God. These are the joys of serving a small group. They make up for the many trials!

Our pastor has asked that I consider coming to work for our church. This is my dream. To enter ministry. I would like to eventually attend seminary but am not sure how to juggle a house payment, raising my son, ministry, etc. I want to surrender it all to God. I'm sorry that I just bought a home recently. How fortunate I am to have had the means to buy but I feel trapped, at times, by the obligation. God has a plan. I need to stay the course.

I have asked that our pastor talk to my son to see how he feels about me entering ministry. Sometimes, I feel I am over-committed. I don't constantly GIVE of myself to people but I realize stuff gets dropped when others are in need. This is tough for my son to always understand. My son has expressed an interest in entering ministry himself. So, the question is, do I lead him by example and surrender myself to the opportunity? Or am I somehow risking?

Also, I feel inadequate right now as a leader. I knew in my heart months ago that I could not lead men and still, I kept them in the group. This was wrong of me. I can go through the excuses. But I feel miserable. I hope the pastor will not hold this against me. He is a very understanding man. I want him to be "hard" on me. I want to do this right.

I trust God. He is my stronghold.

You are blessed when you stay on course,
walking steadily on the road revealed by God.
You are blessed when you follow his directions,
doing your best to find him.
That's right--you don't go off on your own;
you walk straight along the road he set ----Psalm 119:1-3 (MSG)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home