Monday, December 12, 2005

Wow! My first comment. Thanks BJK.

To truly lead is to serve. This is what I remind myself of whenever I am weary or anxious about leading a group or working in ministry. To lead is to serve. I asked myself how best do I serve this person who has developed feelings for me? I spoke with this man again and reiterated that I do not share his feelings that we should date. I reminded him that God honors honesty and truthfulness. I told him that it is time for him to move forward into another group.

I pray that God will bless this man and bring him the love he so desires. But it is hard, you know, to express a sisterly love and not feel that it will translate to romantic love to this person.

Meanwhile, I was able to speak with MY leader this evening. Her words were encouraging. I have decided it is time to lead an all womens group. This matter (the matter of leading a mixed group alone --without a male co-leader--) has been taking its toll on me. I don't know if the other group members realized how this has taxed me emotionally. I feel God's timing is perfect. This was a tough situation but when lifted to God - he blessed it.

I press on and look to the next challenge. I pray for my friend and for the other man in my group whom I am asking to move forward. God has a plan for all of us. We must be brave.

I am looking forward to the new year and the new group dynamic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home