Wednesday, February 15, 2006




HAPPY VALENTINE'S WEEK!
Friends, I'd like to share this beautiful scripture from Corinthians. It is from the Message translation and really warms my heart. God is a relational God and He loves us and desires a relationship with us. Scripture is filled with messages of love and devotion. Not hate, not condemnation. So many have abused religion to control and pollute what is beautiful. Relationships, at their finest are beautiful. Totally gorgeous. And a love for God can be too once embraced. I pray this week you will surrender yourselves to LOVE. I pray that you will surrender yourselves to the idea that you are LOVED.

"No matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I am bankrupt without love.
Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn't want what it doesn't have.
Love doesn't strut,
Doesn't have a swelled head,
Doesn't force itself on others,
Isn't always "me first,"
Doesn't fly off the handle,
Doesn't keep score of the sins of others,
Doesn't revel when others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end.
Love never dies." --Corinthians 13:3-8

Okay, now that's AMORE' !!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger bigshoulders said...

danielle,
i could read a thousand poems (or even cobble a few myself)on the subject of love and never approach the depth of meaning that Paul relays in I Corinthians. thanks for posting this. this is what hits me the most:

"...Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end.
Love never dies."

how true. i like the part about not looking back. admittedly, i do that way too much.

b.s.

3:50 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Yes too true. Too true. Well, in the words of Boston (who were quite obviously quoting scripture here...)

"Don't look back
A new day is breakin'
It's been too long since I felt this way..."

Clear references to love, restoration and you know, how very human the tendency to look back is for all of us! You're in good company!

7:27 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Hey Daniel... Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. Come on back anytime... and I'll be sure to check out yours some more too.

10:11 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Thanks Robin. Glad you could stop by!

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home